There can be a number of reasons why an individual "suddenly" might not be able to access their old, often-used AdSense account.
- a change in the email address
- forgot user (email) name or password
- using and having an adblocker or security plugin/extension turned on
- antivirus privacy/security browser helpers
- account disabled (in which case you'd see a notice)
- account hacked
- using the wrong Google Account to login with (*see note below)
Quite possibly there are other reasons, but these are the ones we've run across pretty frequently. The first thing to check is your browser and computer settings.
- make sure if you have an adblocker installed, it's turned off
- turn off privacy plugins (like ghostery or other similar plugins)
- check your antivirus to make sure it hasn't installed personal security settings in your browser
- don't use a proxy site
- clear your browsing cache
- restart your browser and try again, and try a different browser if none of that works
- try removing all browser plugins, clearing your cache and restarting your browser (if that works, try adding plugins or extensions one at a time to see which one caused your issue).
If you've changed your email or forgotten your login and password, there is little you can do except use the AdSense Login troubleshooter.
*Note: for some publishers the login issue arises when they have more than one Google account, and are trying to login with the wrong Google account, or with a Google account that is not associated to their AdSense account. If you have more than one Google Account, log out of the one you were using when you tried to login, and then login to your "other" Google Account. Then try logging in again. Multiple Google Accounts are often the issue when a publisher has had to use a new Google account to sign up using a different product like YouTube or Blogger, after having an old application rejected.)
If your account has been hacked, then it won't likely just be your AdSense account. Most of the time hacked accounts are the result of having your Google Account compromised. You'll need to recover and secure your Google Account first.
If your AdSense account was only recently approved and you can't login, follow the steps above to check your browser and computer settings. Try a different browser. If none of those work, you should wait a day or two, and try again. If that still doesn't work, make sure you're using the correct Google account.
posted by J. Gracey Stinson