Just a quick note to let you know that we seem to be flooded in the forums with publishers that have
received a notice saying their AdSense account was cancelled and they'll receive their payment in the next payment cycle.
Is this for real? At the moment, we aren't sure what's happening. There are differences in some of the notifications and some of the situations.
- Some publishers are still able to login to their AdSense accounts and have no problems within the account.
- Some publishers are unable to login to their accounts at all.
- Some people are not AdSense publishers and have never had an AdSense account, nor signed up for one.
Because this a holiday week in the US, it may take a little while before we have a response from staff. There is an ongoing thread in the forum for publishers to post in if they have received one of these notices (please don't start a new thread - use the open one instead). If you post in the thread please include the following information:
- The exact wording of the message you received, and if possible, include complete headers.
- Whether you can or cannot login to your Adsense account.
- Whether or not there are messages in your account if you can login, and if you can't, what the message on the login page says.
- If you have ads on a website/blog, include whether or not ads are showing still.
- If you do not now, and never have had an AdSense account, please state that.
For those of you that have never had (and never applied) for an AdSense account, there are a few things you can check. If you have children or a brother/sister who is under 18 and uses YouTube to upload videos, please ask them if they have ever applied using your email address. People under 18 can't sign up for AdSense, and many youngsters will try to sign up with a parental email address, without permission. Also check with your spouse or partner to make they haven't used your email to sign up. Then there are friends and neighbours - you might ask them as well.
If you haven't ever signed up for AdSense, they wouldn't have your email address to send you a notice.
For now, we're probably as confused as the publishers receiving these notices but just hang-tight. Once we get a response to staff, it will be posted in the forum, and I'll update this topic.
posted by J. Gracey Stinson